Friday, May 22, 2009

On Turning 60

I turned 60 the beginning of February. I hate it. I know it is only a number but for some reason this number has hit me hard. You really notice what time has done to damage your physical appearance. And you ask yourself, do I really want to try all those products that are out there to try and keep you young looking.

I think a new product (or more) comes out every week. We Americans are so obsessed about looking young. I think at this point I'd settle for feeling young. Unfortunately I suffer (or allow myself to suffer) from chronic back pain. It's not a lot of fun and very limiting as to what physical things you can do.

I admit that I don't take care of myself as I should. Oh, by the way, did I tell you I was the Queen of Procrastination? I am. Never put off until next month what you could be doing today.
One of my favorite pasttimes is sleeping (oh, did I say that?).

Memorial weekend - not working you tend not to get too excited about holidays. One nice thing about the town over is that they line the highway with flags. I always find that very moving. At the grocery store today their was a gentleman outside collecting mney for vets and giving out those little red flowers. I gave him five bucks and he asked me if I had a husband at home. I told him no, but I do have an ex-husband at home. He gave me a lollypop for him and he had a good laugh. I told him truth is stranger than fiction. A lady in the parking lot agreed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment