Sunday, May 31, 2009

This One Is For The Girls

Young girls, young women, young adults. Learn from my mistakes. May it do ya please. I'm talking about KEEPING IN SHAPE! Not just for the sake of beauty but also and more important for your health. Eat right, exercise (there are so many ways to do this), meditation, sleep (so important), wear sunscreen.

I am 60 and tomorrow if "the 1st day of my life" yada, yada. I'm overweight by 40 pounds, my face is starting to sag (Oh Discordia!), I've got (gasp) brown spots (age spots). No more cake, candy, ice cream, fatty foods, fast foods. I know I should be looking forward to this but I am not. I have realized just how lazy I am.

But, if I don't want to look and feel my age I have to do all that. But you, you who are still able to incorporate this into your life (if you haven't already) have this chance to start off on the right foot. When I was a kid my mom would always remind us to hold our stomachs in. If we/I had we /I wouldn't have as much work on the old, flabby belly.

What I should do is give up coffee which would give up half & half and I would eliminate a lot of calories from my diet. But I can't go on eating cake, candy, etc. forever. When I graduated from high school in 1967 I weighed less than 100 pounds. I am now (I think) 160. I want/need to get to 120. Wish me luck and please heed my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment