Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ford Expedition


Today in the parking lot at Walgreens I came out to find a Ford Expedition next to my 1994 Toyota Corolla. I thought, wow, this is twice the size of my car. A family could live in there. And right now I am sure there are families that wish they could.


I am a 60 year old unemployed female who is beginning to think that this is the end for me, as far as working goes. I can find nothing. I am not, sorry, going to be a cashier at Kmart when I have spent over 30 years honing my skills as an executive assistant. I know people sneer at people like me, people who feel you should be glad to have any job that is out there. I wonder if it was them would they feel the same way.


But back to the big vehicles. When is it going to end? What is the reasoning behind this? Is it a power trip? I don't know. But I do know that we do not need any vehicle that is as large as an Expedition. If I were in an accident with one I'd probably end up under it.


The divide is widening between the haves and the have nots. I consider myself a have not even though I live in a home that I/we own but the mortgage is more than the value of the home. I am able to pay my bills and not have anything left for frivolities. I imagine the real have nots are the ones who do live in a tent or their car and I can't even imagine being there.


Ever since 9/11 life has gone downhill for me. I don't know about other people but I have just been on this downward slide as far as health, wealth and opportunities go. I will admit I don't like it. Is it karma? I hope not. How long will it last? Maybe December 21, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment