Thursday, June 18, 2009

How Can You Tell if You're Having a Nervous Breakdown?


Life these days isn't easy. I just got back from the hairdressers to get a weave. I'm unemployed but won't get a job with grey hair. I was just watching the Cafferty File on CNN about the "new" retirement and it was sad reading the comments.


I am 60: I lost my job one month after my 60th birthday. I don't think that was any coincidence. Where do I go from here??? I know I am depressed; probably clinically depressed. But I already take too many RX's to add another one to the list of costs.


It's sad how the "older" generation is treated. What happened? Where did we/I go wrong. Why is experience worth so little these days?


The job I no longer have was only paying me $12/hour. That's less than half of what I used to make. But I had health insurance and beggars can't be choosers (meaning, take what you can get and shut up).


I'm taking my SS at 62 and will work things out from there. Oh Discordia!


No comments:

Post a Comment